Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kids R funny

Today like most days we had some funny things happen. After story time at the library we were playing at the park where two darling little twin black girls started playing with my girls. After some time one of the girls said to my girls "You have the most beautiful hair", and proceeded to quickly run her fingers through the length of Kate's hair, then gave her a big hug and ran off with a big smile. I thought it was so funny. I remember as a small girl meeting a little black girl and wanting so badly to touch her her hair...

When Anna got home from school today I asked her about her day and what she did. She pulled a paper from her backpack and told me she was asked to draw pictures of what she did before school today. Anna is not a gifted artist as of yet so I always nicely say "tell me about your drawings" since I have no idea what they are. She pointed to one picture and said "this is us eating lunch and this is us at the store." Then all of the sudden she bursts into tears and throws herself on the floor. Why the fit you ask? Because we didn't go to the store today, we went to the library. Apparently a mistake that big was just too much for her to handle. :)

Then later I was reading Anna her homework book and it was "Eloise" and it talked about Eloise and her dog named "Weenie". The kids just started laughing their heads off. Now hours later they will suddenly say "Weenie" and start cracking up.

I sent Anna to school today with a flower clip in her pony tail. I noticed this afternoon that it wasn't there. I very nonchalantly asked her where her flower was? She suddenly, again burst into tears and started freaking out that she could never go to school again yada, yada, yada, because she had left it and she couldn't find it etc. I don't know what losing a flower has to do with never going to school again but that's what she decided. Thankfully I found the flower by the couch where we were reading. Disaster averted...well almost. Aren't girls and their drama so much fun? Thank heavens I'm not emotional ;)

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the first rule in naming a dog? Make sure people aren't going to draw any interesting parallels? I've been laughing at that myself--seriously! You're going to be glad you wrote that stuff down. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so cute to share those details. So funny!

    ReplyDelete