Monday, February 7, 2011

Blah de blah blah blah

Boy am I feeling- yes you guessed it blah! Not down or sad, thank heavens, just bored out of my mind, days are grey, can't hardly stand it, blah! My kids are ornery, I'm more ornery and I just think that I might go crazy if it snows one more time, which it will cause the universe certainly has something against me. There are still heaps of snow in some places 12 ft high, and no I'm seriously not exaggerating. Most of the already narrow roads have so much snow on them that they are down to one lane and it's not fun.

The good news is that the other day I actually heard birds singing outside my kitchen window and it made my WHOLE day. I heard them again yesterday as I was lying in bed trying to get up and it just made me want to lie there all day and listen, just trying to convince my body that Spring will in fact come and not in 6 months, just a mere 6-8 weeks. I'm thinking this winter is going by as slowly as a throw up everyday kind of pregnancy.

I guess another good thing about January is that I lost 10 lbs. Count them 10! Then this weekend not only did I fall of the wagon, but fell off and was very rudely and abruptly run over by said wagon. Thankfully today, I have crept back on that ugly, ugly wagon.

Oh how I have coveted all people that are in possession of a garage, or a playroom, or an attic. We have certainly made use of our basement where the kids can ride their scooters around and be noisy. Not that they aren't noisy in the house. I think the noise and chaos in this house have reached a new level this winter. The only thing that brings me peace is knowing I am not alone. There are others out there that also want to pull their hair out strand by strand.

Punxsutawny Phil better be right in predicting an early Spring or things are gonna get ugly!

7 comments:

  1. No wonder you didn't want to come down until spring!

    Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 lbs!!! way to go! That is totally awesome and you deserve to fall of the wagon every now and again! seriously, I am jealous! I am sorry about the snow! That would be miserable. I totally go stir crazy too. at least you have a basement where the kids can go crazy. its such a lifesaver!!! One thing I have discovered that really helps get my frustration out is playing dodge ball with them, only I am the only one that gets to throw the balls. It works miracles for me and by the end, I am all smiles :) (I promise that I use soft balls) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jordan's dodgeball idea! :) February is the pits. I'm sorry. Congrats on losing the weight, though! That's definitely worth celebrating! Hang in there and before you know it you'll see blossoms all over the place and all will be right again in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uggghh, I feel you. I hate snow, and although we haven't had the obscene amounts that you have, we've had the horrible bitter cold that keeps everyone inside and going insane. I agree about that little groundhog- he better be right or I'll hunt him down.

    Congrats on the 10 lbs., that's pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ALL too much for that Ash! and 10 pounds - you are AWESOME! Falling and getting run over by the wagon every once in awhile keeps the motivation up so enjoy the falls! and yeah - a basement, playroom FREAk a crawl space would be awesome! Lets both pray really hard for spring and you never know - it might just happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry you aren't alone. I'm going crazy inside too. But 10 lbs is something to be happy about. Way to go! And i saw some guy on some health show who says you should pig out one day a week after drinking a little grapefruit juice to level out your sugars. he might be full of crap but that way you don't feel like you blew it and you can pick right back up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya sista! This winter is everlasting! Just trying to hang on as well. We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete