Monday, February 28, 2011

A day in my life

Today I got up at 6:30 and read until 7. Started a load of laundry and then we had breakfast and I got Ethan out the door. Then I exercised for 35 minutes, then bathed all 3 girls. Then I put Jane down for her nap and I showered and got ready. Then I went to the chiropractor. Then I came home, made lunch and got Anna ready for school. Took Anna to school, then went to Costco to do my two week shop. Came home only to find someone parked in my driveway(we have a shared driveway with not only our attached neighbors but the house next door so there a lot of cars competing to get in and out) carried in the groceries. Put away the groceries and changed the laundry. Spent forever on the phone trying to contact my insurance company. Talked with a friend for awhile (the highlight of the day!) Then fed Jane and went to pick up Anna at school. Then picked up a neighbor boy I pick up on Mondays and took him home. Then I took the 3 girls to the local grocery store to pick up the items I can't get at Costco. Then went and picked up Ethan. Went to the bank to make but my pen wouldn't work to fill out my deposit slip and the line was way long being it was 4:50 pm by then so I just decided to come home and put away my second load of groceries for the day. Now the kids are doing homework and I still need to make dinner and get the kids to bed, oh and finish the laundry I started at 7 this morning! I didn't include in today's list the many times people told me "you look like you have your hands full" or when my grocery bag broke breaking my huge glass bottles of applesauce all over the parking lot right behind the wheel of my car. Not a bad day exactly, but if I had it my way I would be going to bed right now with a good book...oh and some chocolate!

3 comments:

  1. I honestly think the running errands day is the most tiring! Maybe cause its not fun :) It is so draining, especially with lots of helpers. I like all your, you've got your hands full comments. if it makes you feel better, I get those type of comments even in utah along with either a sympathetic or horrified/disgusted look. isn't having 4 kids great :) totally worth it other than on shopping day haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one crazy day! Hope today was a little less hectic, despite the fact that Kate cut her hair, of course... ;) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that sucks. sorry you had such a lame day!

    ReplyDelete