Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I admit it, I was wrong

When Summer was coming to a close, all my friends were so sad to sad goodbye to lazy days and the craziness of Summer.  I kept thinking, "what are they talking about, this summer has been non stop crazy!"  But, then school started, and my kids are older this year, and boy what a difference a year makes.  We have more activities, more homework, more errands, and more drop offs.  I feel a bit crazy. So I admit it, I was wrong, the school year is crazy!

The first week I prided myself on the well oiled machine we had running around here.  I would awaken before all the kids and shower and be ready when they awakened so we could have a good breakfast and not be rushed to get out the door.  I walked the kids to school and and back each day.  While the kids were away I did laundry and cleaned house and it stayed done for awhile and I loved it.  Dinner was done everyday by 3pm and I felt like "I totally got this."  Then I don't know what happend but somehow the Leave it to Beaver days are over and while things aren't totally out of control I just feel like I am constantly running, and my laundry gets done and folded but not put away, or dinner gets left to the last minutes during the hardest hour of the day when Jane wants attention, and the kids needs help with homework or practicing and I just want to scream, and scream I have.

I also pride myself on the fact that I am NOT a yeller.  But the last week I'm ashamed to say that there has been quite a bit of yelling.  There probably would have been more yelling except for the fact that we share a wall with our neighbors and that does inhibit me somewhat, thank heavens :)  I think part of this sudden craziness is that the kids are tired and adjusting to all the busyness themselves, which means there is a lot more crying on they're part and more tantrums and me getting impatient.  I have consumed more M&M's in the last week than probably over my lifetime (ok, so that was a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit) 

I'm hoping things settle down and I am doing my best to say "No" to certain things like when the PTO comes calling for help or Anna wants to join "The daisies" girl scout troop.  I did sign up to do a few crafts for holidays at the kids school so I think that's plenty for now.

Anyway, I am just feeling a bit ornery and sadly this is my update.  I am so far behind in all that I need and want to post but it is what it is and one of these days I will get to it. But not for now, and that's okay.

5 comments:

  1. Will you forgive me if I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one consuming crazy amounts of chocolate since school started again?

    Good job for saying "no" to the endless requests coming in, that's my tactic for now and I really think it will pay off....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post takes me back to the good ole days. (Good ole crazy days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're okay with letting some things slide! That will keep you from going completely crazy, I'm sure. Hang in there! It is a whole new ball game, I'm finding, once the kids are older and in extracurricular things. David just said tonight how he hates coming home to a messy house, and I was like, "You have no idea how bad it was this afternoon!" If only I hadn't been running to soccer games and everything else so I could have cleaned it a little more. We do what we can, right? Hopefully your kids still go to bed early like they used to so you can have some evening hours to catch your breath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. Give it another week or so and you will all be feeling better...it won't be any less slow, you will all just be a little more used to the craziness :) Life is still insane at the moment and I find myself thinking all the time like...it will be better at the end of this month when e is done with soccer and a couple weeks after that, t will be done, but we will see. I feel like I am constant pmsing...ornery, exhausted, only thinking about chocolate. Keep saying no! there is a time and place for things and now is not the time to add more!!! Big hugs!!! I have been thinking about you tons but know that life is insane so I haven't wanted to interrupt to call, but i love you and hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are feeling so stressed. Just one day at a time and truly just stay in the moment. It is hard and exhausting but when they are gone you will wish you had more noise and goings on still. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete