Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Jersey Day

Oh boy what a difference a day makes. Just the other night Randall and I were having a very serious discussion about whether we would consider staying here forever. The concenses was that we really would if it weren't for just one teensy little thing like the cost of a home around here, oh and then the taxes on top of that. Anyway, we were happily discussing all the little things that we love about living here and how much even the things that we found difficult in the beginning are now just quite "normal".

But then today I had what I very lovingly refer to as "A Jersey Day". I'm just minding my own business and suddenly I found myself almost face to face with a very upset and very rude woman in a parking lot that left me almost in tears after the little altercation. I just can't believe how quickly people can be so rude. And then it just seems to be in my cards that the rest of the day I continued to have these little "Jersey" incidents. I even called Randall trying to catch him before he was on his plane today completely upset saying "Let's move to Georgia, I hate New Jersey."

Randall called from the airport early this evening to tell me he had bought me a gift. He said I had to guess what it was and since he was on a layover in Detroit I guessed almost immediately that he had bought me a new University of Michigan sweatshirt, since I had finally gotten rid of mine that I've had since my college days oh just 10 years ago. I was so excited. He just walked in the door and handed it to me to try on, and to add insult to injury... it's too small! I think it's time for bed. Tomorrow is another day...in Jersey.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry! it is definitely time for bed and a good treat (which I wish I was there to bring you!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry! it is definitely time for bed and a good treat (which I wish I was there to bring you!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what a bummer. Sell it on ebay, then go online somewhere and get one that fits. Hope you have a better day today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Jersey won't get better with you leaving--I'll tell you that much! Perhaps I can use our early morning runs to charm you into staying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been fortunate to have very few Jersey days, but then our town is really more NY than Jersey as far as residents go anyway. Rude drivers? Absolutely, but most people have been nice or too busy to bother.

    Have you had any day trips down to Princeton? I totally recommend it. There are a bunch of farms on the way down, but the town itself is a great destination. Princeton University is beautiful, they do some spooky Halloween tours this time of year, and the town square in Princeton has some awesome stores and shops. The Princeton children's library is particularly cool. Look it up, but I think your family may enjoy it.

    Sorry about the Jersey day. Hopefully you don't have many (or any) more.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete