Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was very low key this year. I think because of our exhausting week I just wasn't up for big hoopla. In fact it was getting late Friday night and it suddenly dawned on me I needed to do their baskets. Thankfully I had bought all the things weeks before so that was at least done. I had read about people tying a string to the kids bed and then stringing the string all through the house and figured that was easy enough and might up the excitement fact a bit at least. This cute little bunny Jane is loving on was a gift to her from my friend Laura who felt so bad about her accident. Turns out the bunny was a good replacement for the binki.

Jane's basket this year had nothing but side walk chalk, bubbles and an egg full of play-dough.
The other kids didn't have much more than a chocolate bunny a few candies and bubbles. I refuse to go all out and give them actual gifts for a holiday that really isn't about a rabbit anyway.
This is Anna after she had gathered up all her string to find her basket. It wasn't easy for them to wind it all together. I thought it was a crack up watching them try to wind it and push and pull it all over the house. I think I may have gotten a bigger kick out of it than they did.

Ethan's basket was hidden 3 floors down from his bedroom in the shower.
Our smart and handsome blonde boy. I can't believe how big he is getting. His feet are now just a tad bigger than mine and he acts older than 9. In fact I recently remembered that I need to not be so hard on him because he's still just a young little guy. Most people think he's 12.

Our cute girls in their white dresses.



The girls were watching a Mormon Messages movie and I looked over and saw this and thought it was the sweetest thing. I just may have to have that one painted someday.
This is one of Kate's drawings of an Easter Egg.

It was a fun but low-key weekend. We had the traditional ham and opted for sweet potatoes this year as we are trying to make healthier choices. We went for a nice walk and spent an hour or so at the park.

2 comments:

  1. Easter is always low key at our house! So yours sounds perfect to me :) I love Jane's basket...perfect for her. Honestly, I went downstairs and got a stuffed animal that they never play with and put it in Camryn's basket haha No one even noticed! I love the string idea. That is very cute and fun! I can't believe how old Ethan looks and I LOVE the girls white dresses and sandals...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea to make a treasure hunt out of the Easter basket hunt. It looks like they all had a fun time. The girls look cute in their matching dresses and shoes. Ethan always looks handsome. Nice memories.

    ReplyDelete