Sunday, March 6, 2011

Way to go Ethan!

Each week Ethan's class is given a sheet of "math facts". Some weeks it's addition some subtraction, and last week it was a sheet of 47 facts of addition and subtraction. Each day he has to practice these facts for a timed 2 minute test on Friday. Usually Ethan scores somewhere in the low 30 range which is great, but this Friday after working hard all week he was up to 42 facts. On Friday for his official test he scored 47 out of 47 in 2 minutes! That's lightning fast. I'm not sure even I could do them all in 2 minutes. Ethan loves school here and the challenge it gives him. He takes his homework very seriously. The other night we got side tracked and had forgotten to do his math facts worksheet. He woke Randall and me in the middle of the night in a panic. We told him to not worry about it and to go back to bed. Instead he got his worksheet and his clock and timed him self and and came down at 3:30 am to tell us he had gotten 33 facts. Ethan was also named musician of the week for the 2nd time this year in his music class. Keep up the good work Ethan, you are amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Ethan is a chip off the old block! Smart kid! WE are proud of you Ethan. I loved the little Ballerina's too, especially the rain boots! Too cute! I love how serious Anna is about her craft. She's going places! Thanks for "the day in the life" post. I often find myself telling Jeff about my day--it cracks me up how similar they seem! Woman Power! You rock, Sister! (BTW, it could have been worse--Kate could have chopped off her hair at the roots in front, like Alli did! Just makes you sick, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete