Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kate turns 5!

 August 21st Kate turned 5!  It was also the first day of school for Ethan and Anna, and Ethan's first football game.  It was a crazy day.  We started off the day with a few presents and Kate's birthday breakfast of choice-German pancakes.
 A princess bike for our princess.
 I tied a big pink ribbon on her helmet just to make it a bit more exciting for the big reveal :)
Opening presents

Jane needed to try it all out too

 I took the older kids to see "Brave" this summer and they loved it.  Kate has been asking for a "Brave" birthday ever since.

Our delicious German pancakes



Of course Kate was anxious to try out her new bike, but it was a bit crazy trying to get the older two out the door and to the bus.
 Rand worked from home so he could see the kids off on their first day, but since the bus was 20 minutes late he just had to say goodbye and run back home to jump on a client call.  At least he was able to help Kate get a few laps in with her new bike before work.


Jane was so cute and rode around and around on her "bike"

 I was worried that with school starting and Ethan's game that Kate wouldn't feel like it wasn't her special day.  Once I got Jane down for her nap and had Randall listen for her I took Kate on a 'date' to Artic circle.  She got a shake and fries.  I introduced her to fry sauce and she was one happy girl.  It was nice to have some one on one time even for just a little while during that crazy day.
 This is the only picture I got of Ethan's football game... whoops.  They looked so cute snuggled up in the grass.
 After Ethan's game both sets of grandparents came back to our house for grandparents gifts and cake and ice cream. For the first time I made a slide show to music with pictures of Kate growing up.  We showed that before presents and it was really fun to see her change and grow through the years.  I'm not going to lie when I say that I cried the first 5 times that I watched it.  It's fun but hard to see your kids grow up, and with Kate especially so much of her 'growing up' was done in Jersey so that's where most the pictures were from.  It made me miss our home and friends and life there so much....
 Kate was so excited to get a real "Brave crown".  Ethan gets really bugged that the girls call her Brave when her name is Merida....  cracks me up.
 She also got a cute plate and cup with Merida on it, and uses it for breakfast and lunch everyday.
Ethan wanted to try on the crown :)  he also wanted me to erase this picture :)

 G& G Barrett gave her a Merida dress so she was all set with her Brave birthday.
Kate is such a special, spunky girl and certainly brightens up our home and life.  She is sweet and kind and very affectionate.  She often just comes up to me during the day and will give me a kiss and tell me she loves me.  She has been such a blessing to our family.  We love you Katherine Elise!

2 comments:

  1. She is such a sweetie. Her birthday looks like a definite success! I love all the Brave things! And her purple glasses are my favorite! So so so so cute! happy birthday kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you have always been a special little girl. You are so loving and tender. Thanks for all the hugs and kisses. What a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete