Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sewing up a Storm

I recently was feeling like I needed something to think about and do.  Not that we haven't been busy, because we certainly have been.  I was just feeling the need to do something creative.  I have been wanting to make a fabric birthday banner for some time so I finally bought the supplies and Anna and I made one!  Then we made a Halloween one, and now we have the fabric all cut out to make a Halloween quilt!  We're like a machine. (get it? :)  Anyway, Anna is loving helping me and it it's cute to watch her sew and say aloud over and over, "I"m a pro! I'm a pro".


Sewing has been something that has always been frustrating for me, because I think sewing clothes and following a pattern is hard,  but I've decided that quilting is right up my alley.  It's symmetrical and exact and creative, all things I like.  I love it!  Now even Ethan wants in on the action.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I LOVE the banners! They are so cute and I love what a good helper Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! Makes me want to break out my machine!

    ReplyDelete