Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Adam








On Thurs, Christmas Adam, our kids actually had half day school! Can you believe that? After the kids got out of school we, went to the mall to do a little shopping, and see Santa Claus! The kids had actually seen Santa on a number of occasions but had never asked to actually talk to him. I thought it would be fun though and wanted to have a picture with Jane and Santa for her first Christmas. The mall was actually surprisingly not too busy, other than the food court, and we got some good shopping done with Christmas money.

My parents had flown in the day before so it was really fun to have them here with us to participate in some of these holiday traditions.

We stood in line thankfully not very long to see the big guy. All our kids still believe in Santa and I think that's really fun. Ethan asked us a few more questions about him this year, but honestly I would like him to believe as long as possible. I still remember when I found out about Santa. The kids at school had been talking of course and I came home and asked my Mom if her was "real". I was just sure she would say something like "of course"! I don't remember what she said exactly but I just remember feeling devastated at the news. I think there are just so few things in life that are completely fun and magical that I'm going to just go with it as long as we can.

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures but especially the one with jane looking up at santa. I am sad we didn't get to one of the normal malls to take pictures with a good snata. The riverwoods was cute but the santa was a litle freaky :) I agree with letting the kids believe as long as they can and then make sure that they believe in the magic of the season and the spirit of santa after. It makes me sad that ethan and tyson are getting so old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, you look fabulous! It took me a minute to figure out the Christmas Adam line. I'm slow...Looks like you guys got the real Santa in you neck of the woods! Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are so good to sit on Santa's lap! My children can't stand the guy and freak out even thinking about telling him what they want for Christmas;)

    ReplyDelete