Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Day

The kids waiting patiently for Daddy and Jane








We had a great Christmas. Between us, my parents and my in-laws, the kids were thrilled. We had a great time opening all the gifts. Then we had a great breakfast of baked French toast and buttermilk syrup. It's always about the food with us. Then the best part is that we just lounged around and did whatever we wanted. Watched some movies. Played some games. In years past the routine was to hurry and get up and unwrap then hurry to get ready and then hurry to get to somebody's house then the next and so on. This year it was nice to just hunker in and enjoy the day. We missed the family that we didn't see but talked, texted and video chatted. Thank heavens for modern technology!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck - Jane is getting so big and she is as darling as ever! and I love the rug - LOVE the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, your hair is AWESOME!!! I love it! And Merry Christmas. It looks like a wonderful morning and day. Your kids look so cute all lined up on the stairs and opening presents. I am glad you were able to video chat with the rest of your family. It makes being so far away, bearable. And I am so glad that Jane is sleeping better! I sure hope that she keeps it up. good sleep changes everything!

    ReplyDelete