Thursday, December 16, 2010

He's on his way!

No, not Santa, but Randall is about to get on a plane to come home for Christmas. The last 8 days have thankfully gone by quickly and we have survived.

We had one really hard night where Jane just would not stop crying so 3 and half hours later I called my home teacher in tears to ask him to give her a blessing. He was very kind and promptly came in his White shirt at 11pm no less, and gave her a blessing of comfort. The last time he came to visit he said he wanted to make sure he had my phone number in his phone and that he would pick up day or night. It was very comforting when he answered quickly and said "Hey Ashli what's up?" He didn't act in any way annoyed or put out. He even invited us over the next night, but since he works so late, as most men do around here, I told him my children would be in bed but that it was really kind of him to offer. The next day his wife, whom I've really never ever talked to called to ask what she could do for me. She even offered to come watch the girls so I could take a nap. When I refused she said she would be by later that night to bring a treat, and she came as promised. While I am tired, and have certainly felt some lonliness with Randall gone I was grateful for this little challenge because it helped remind me that my Heavenly Father is aware of me, and when in need he will send angels to help me.

2 comments:

  1. What a HARD night but a GREAT blessing that your HT came over without a blink! I'm glad Randall is on his way

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally made me tear up. I am sorry about Jane that night. What an awful feeling. I am so glad you have such a wonderful home teacher (and his family). What a blessing the priesthood is and knowing that when Randall is gone, you still have people you can call with authority. I am so glad randall is on his way home though and you can enjoy the rest of the season!!!

    ReplyDelete