Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ginger a nogo

Last night we made our traditional Ginger bread house. By that I mean that I bought a kit at Costco and the kids decorated it. Truthfully I was a tad disappointed this year. Not in the kids but in the Costco kit. Normally there are quite a few candies and this year there were like 3 little things. And the house was made incorrectly so that the side lining up were incorrect. Oh well. I thought about going out and buying more candy and really going all out, but I just wasn't in the mood and figured the kids would just eat all the candy anyway, right? So I just totally let the kids do it all on their own. Well, I did glue the houses together first with my trusty glue gun because that's just smart in my opinion because otherwise you just get going and the house looks great and then it falls apart.

The kids had a good time until at the last minute Ethan suddenly added a little something and then had a fit because "now Anna's looks better than mine. Mine looks like a preschooler did it!" Truth be told Anna's did look pretty good. He got over in a fairly short period of time.

Now to the "gogo" portion of the title. The kids kept asking me all day when they were going to eat it. For some reason I got tired of them asking and really didn't have anywhere to display their little homes so I said, fine go eat it. Away they went eating to their little hearts content. Then a little bit later I offered to drop them out the window like my sis in law did a few years back. They weren't too keen on that idea (I was seriously excited about the prospect) so in the garbage they "goed". Been there, done that, checked off the list.

Next year my heart might be a little more into it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun and I'm totally stealing the hot glue gun idea! GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. i can just hear ethan complaining that his looked like a preschooler did it.

    ReplyDelete