Thursday, February 23, 2012

Anna Made the Cut

Here is Anna before school.
Here she is all prepared and ready.

After the fact. She was a brave little soul, no surprise there.


She did it. Our Anna had 10 plus inches cut from her long locks. I have to admit that it's made me almost sick. I don't know why. I think for one we had to cut it a bit shorter than I would normally like, but you have to have at least 10 inches to donate. At least hair grows fast. I think it's cute but will like it a bit better when it's an inch or two longer.

The night of the cut Anna was really excited about it. In the morning we awakened upset and "embarrassed". I talked to her for a little while and she was fine. Admittedly I prayed all day she would be fine and everyone would only have nice things to say. Thankfully all is well. Admittedly I'm still getting a bit used to it but It's all good. I remember doing the same thing a few times in my life, whacking off literally feet of hair. My poor Mom who can't really grow hair anymore is traumatized. It will be okay mom :)

Anna like the brave soul she is took it like a champ, no emotion, completely calm. It was me in the background taking deep breaths. I'm proud of her for doing this and hope one day she will understand what a really sweet thing this was.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I love that she was brave enough to do it, too. It looks like the perfect spring/summer cut. I'm sure it was tough, though... Way to be strong, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting more used to the idea and the look. Anna is so amazing at how brave she is with everything. She will probably enjoy it for the summer.
    Please don't even think about it for Kate! That would be too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who cut her hair for locks of love, and she said they had to cut it way short to get the ten inches! Hair grows fast, and Anna looks darn cute. Way to go, you two!

    ReplyDelete