Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Calling All Grandmas

This post is basically for me and the Grandma's in Kate's life who love her artwork. I don't know how to rotate the pictures on this computer yet, sorry. I've mentioned often how creative Kate is and it's so fun to see her art evolving. She even makes sculptures with random things around the house. She even made an amazing fish with play dough recently but I didn't get a picture of it.
This is of the family
Family again
Self portrait
I actually LOVE this one. Does it not look picasso-esque?
For the longest time the letters in the bottom corner were her signature. No joke that was the thing she would write every single time. I can see a T, A, i, a. Now you know why her writing her name was such a big deal
This was also one of my favorite's. She drew this one on a lunch sack.
See her "signature" again? Too cute.
Love this one. She recently evolved from Christmas trees at Christmas time to having every dress look like a Christmas tree.


She drew this one the other day and she had been upset with me. I thought she was mad but asked her what it was and she said "I miss Grandma". Good thing we have grandma coming to visit soon.
I was amazed at this one. This is probably the first one that she included her glasses. If I were to wax philosophical I would think that she is finally accepting the glasses to be part of her. She recently has started wearing them full-time without begging or reminders. It's awesome.

I'm trying to decide if I should just let her enjoy her art or if I should look into some sort of creative arts class for her...your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. I hope you are saving some. The last self-portrait is really cute. She could draw for the Peanuts cartoon. Don't know what to say about an art class. I think for the moment she is happy doing her own thing without any pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing I love more than kids art work. Sooooooo CUTE! I love that she drew her glasses on and her taio signature cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete