Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine Date


Last week was restaurant week in NYC so we thought we should take advantage and go to dinner with some friends of ours. My girlfriend Erica's husband and Rand were already going to be working in the city so we decided to meet them there. Erica was teasing me earlier and told me she would only go with me if I "vamped" my eyes. What do you think? I look like a dork but it was valentines. Crazy eye make up and bold red lips. Oh, and I definitely need a hair cut. Anyway...
We had a little time to kill before we met our men for dinner so we went to Century 21. A must do. I guess it's kind of like a Nordstrom Rack with all the good labels and really good prices. It's a little overwhelming with so much stuff but it's always fun to at least look at all the goods. I found Rand a Ralph Lauren tie for 10 bucks. Not a bad and cheap valentine gift eh? I also found this number and figured I could wear it for Easter Sunday...or not.
Then finally we met up and had dinner at Delmonico's. Apparently it is one of the oldest restaurants in New York. It's a really beautiful place and the dinner was delish! The company was great too. Our friend Allen used to work in Downtown and Randall really hasn't seen any of downtown before because he is in Midtown and so are most of his clients, so it gave us a good excuse to do some very quick site seeing of the stock exchange, ground zero, Zucotti Park. When my brother Nate was visiting in October we visited the protests in Zucotti and I never would have known it was the same place with it all cleaned up.

Sadly we missed our train back home by a few minutes so had to wait another hour in the Hoboken train station. If you want to see or smell some fine sights on a late friday night that is definitely the place :)

I was thinking about it the other day as I was writing in Rand's valentine that it was 16 years ago that we were having out first valentine's day together. I gave him a CD, some beef jerky and some suspenders. Not much has changed since then, unless you count our 4 kids. Hard to believe, but I sure wouldn't want it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post. A beautiful girl, a handsome guy and dinner at Delmonicos in New York City. A memorable evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I want to live by you and do fun things like that! I think Matt is going to bring home some bajios and thats as exciting as we are getting around here. I love your va va voom eyes. You seriously look gorgeous (whats new though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed. Dang gorgeous. That Randall is a lucky man. And I am debating no longer being your friend since you didn't buy that, umm, hair accessory?? I am still dying over it's perfection on you.
    I'm ready for another date night. And maybe this time my date will be more interesting than a blow-up doll. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete