Saturday, February 11, 2012

"Baby" Jane

It's isn't too often that Jane is referred to as "baby" anymore. It makes me kind of sad. She is definitely growing up fast. She is talking A LOT and it is so fun. Every day I am texting Rand all through the day with something else new she has said, and not just some cute little word but words strung together. The other day she was playing down stairs with Kate while I was folding laundry and Kate said "where's Jane", and Jane popped up out of a box and said "here I is!" It was the cutest thing.

Jane recently started to give you the come here signal waving her hand backwards towards her and wanting you to follow. I thought that alone was cute but then all of a sudden this week she started saying "come on" and "let's go". She can say everyone's name in the family except for Ethan and for some reason won't even try his but has taken a liking to "Kate". I am thinking because that is who she is with most often but it's so cute to hear her little voice calling many times throughout the day "Kate?, Kate?" . She is so darn cute that I just want to smoosh and smooch on her all day long.

She is a funny little thing in that she loves to help and is so good at cleaning up. When she is finished eating or drinking anything she will say "all done" or just "Done!". When you get her down from the table she insists on carrying her plate to the garbage to scrape it and gets mad if you take it from her. She isn't always successful in keeping everything on her plate before she gets to the garbage but it's so sweet. Anyway, when I clean, Jane cleans. she has a spray bottle and a cloth that she has to carry around when I am cleaning. She even helps me clean the toilet bowls in and out, even though I think it's gross and I hate her touching the toilet while I'm trying to wipe it.

Whenever we walk in the door she immediately goes straight to where we hang the coats, and though she can't reach to hang it she tries. Then she goes and puts her "boots" away. I keep telling the other kids that I don't understand why they are all older and yet drop all their gear and yet Jane totally knows the drill.

Jane has also become very interested in the Potty. She found the training potty in the basement and still tries to carry it around with her every where we go. She sits on it often, with all her clothes on most of the time so has never actually gone on it but even often sleeps with the potty in her room at night. I think I would start to train her except Rand and I are going on a little get away the first week of March and I don't want my in-laws who are coming to watch the kids have to deal with a potty trainer. I think if she's still interested after that I will go for it, I think :) ...

One other thing about her is she has recently started to fuss to go down at night. I think she is all too aware that no one else is going to bed and she is missing out. But, if I sing to her the night-night song and "I am a child of God" before I put her down she doesn't fuss at all.

She is so sweet and like all the kids Randall and I look at each other often and say "what would we have done with out her?"

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I can't believe our "babies" are almost 2! how did that happen??? I love all the cute little things shes says. Now hopefully we can get some pictures to the little darling with your new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing so much about her! I was thinking a little bit ago how you used to say when you were pregnant with her that you were so content with your family the way it was and didn't feel like you really needed another child at the time or that you were afraid of how another child would change things (like I worry about now). Obviously, she was needed and came at the perfect time and has been such a blessing in your life! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete