Thursday, February 23, 2012

Has Spring Sprung?

Note: If you came to see pictures of Anna's new "do", it's the post before this one

Yesterday was a beautiful day! It's amazing what a sunny day does for the soul. I'm not kidding, when the sun comes out, even if I just see it streaming through the windows I'm a happy girl. With all that beauty, we figured we needed to take advantage so we walked to over to our local park. I've said it a hundred times but the parks are something I love the most here. We may not really have a yard for the kids play in, but it's my belief that kids don't play in yards. There aren't any friends! Around here, on a sunny day you head to the park and there are always friends, old and new.
In fact, yesterday there was a girl from our ward and her girls there, just by chance. She has daughter just Kate's age and we realized they will go to Kindergarten together, so fun!

The girls were decided to perfect the find art of "train sliding". While we enjoyed the sun and slides, the girls also spent a ton of time on the swings-as usual. I can't get them off them. I would ask Jane over and over again if she was done, with a resounding "no".
Today was an equally beautiful day, but I had a to do list a mile long, so the girls admired the beauty from my bedroom window, while I worked away at the computer. I'm thinking Spring may have sprung, and I couldn't be happier.

Disclaimer: Just in case you think all I do all day is hang a round and take pictures, I don't. I just always have my phone in my back pocket for these little occasions that just pop up :)

4 comments:

  1. Vitamin D is good for the soul! Its amazing how much better I feel after spending some time outside. Your girls are so dang cute and I LOVE Anna's new hair cut. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin D is good for the soul! Its amazing how much better I feel after spending some time outside. Your girls are so dang cute and I LOVE Anna's new hair cut. She is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Spring - WELCOME!!!! I look forward to that time of the year oh so much! WELCOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have the park close. Fresh air and sunshine are good for everyone, including mommies.
    I have pictures of the boys looking out their bedroom window watching it snow. Fun pictures. Jane seems to be one of the big kids now.

    ReplyDelete