Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ethanator

I feel like Ethan sometimes gets the short end of the stick being the oldest and only boy. He is one of the greatest kids ever though and deserves his own post. Ethan is a really smart and good boy. While I'm glad that he's smart I'm even happier that he is innately good. He is a very deep thinker and loves to have lengthy and in depth conversations. The only down side is that he loves to jump right in on your conversation sometimes when he really has no idea what you are talking about.
The above picture was actually this summer. I was cutting his hair and suddenly decided to make it into a mohawk. I tease him relentlessly and tell him how that's really good for him and I'm actually doing him a favor because it makes him have a strong character :) He is a good sport about it and now almost no matter what I say he just says "Mom, I know your teasing".
This was him being silly on the way into the city at Christmas time.
This was obviously in front of the tree at Rockefeller Center. Eth thought it was really fun to watch the skaters down below. The funny thing about that Santa hat was apparently it was the thing to do this winter was to wear a santa hat every day to school. If you know me it wasn't my favorite thing but I do occasionally choose my battles. The funny thing is for whatever reason Ethan is anti NY or NJ. If he ever has occasion to choose say NY Giants he will opt for the Dallas cowboys. Funny boy.
Ethan still loves legos and got quite a few more for Christmas so this Sunday after noon he put together this Empire state building.
Ethan is a very determined kid and decided he was going to get some more exercise this winter and a in this week he walked 15 miles in 5 days. The cute thing about it is we had a lengthy discussion about how it's important to set a goal and reach it etc. All his doing.
This was his pine wood derby car he designed himself called "lightning Bolt". He is still very much a Harry Potter fan and is about half way through the 7th book. For Christmas I got him the percy Jackson books and now all he talks about is Demi Gods and things like that.

Ethan is so sweet and never misses a day saying his prayers. He fasts every fast Sunday and on his very own will decide who he is fasting for and most often it is a family member who is struggling in one way or another. He is reading The Book of Mormon every day too. His primary teacher has challenged them to read the whole thing this year! While it's a crazy high goal to set i think he just may do it.

The other night I was talking to Anna about her baptism and asking her who's example we are following when we are baptized? I was thinking she would say something like "Jesus", but she said "Ethan's". I though that was pretty cute. Makes me crazy to think how fast he is growing up. His feet are now the same size as mine, and I'm thinking in another year or two he will be as tall as I am.

4 comments:

  1. Ethan, you are "THE BOMB!!! What a great boy you are. You set a great example for all of us. Keep up the good work. Heavenly Father and Jesus are very proud of you! We love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is such a good boy! i cant believe how big our big boys are getting. it makes me so sad but its amazing to see the things they are learning and picking up on every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and ps, if you ever go back to posting only 1 time a month, I will cry so keep that in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! It's so fun to see our little boys grow into little men. :)

    ReplyDelete